Class 10 NSO Sample Papers are readily available for download. Please click the download icon below to view or download the Sample paper. These NSO Olympiad Sample Questions will be of the most use to you as you study.
Free PDF of NSO Sample Question for Class 10
National Science Olympiad 2022-23 – Download free NSO Level 1 PDF Sample Papers for Class 10
Guidelines for the Candidate
1. You will get additional ten minutes to fill up information about yourself on the OMR Sheet, before the start of the exam.
2. Write your Name, School Code, Class, Roll No. and Mobile Number clearly on the OMR Sheet and do not forget to sign it. We will share your marks / result and other information related to Olympiad exams on your mobile number.
3. The Question Paper comprises sections: reasoning, subjective, achiever’s section
4. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. Use of calculator is not permitted.
5. There is only ONE correct answer. Choose only ONE option for an answer.
6. To mark your choice of answers by darkening the circles on the OMR Sheet, use HB Pencil or Blue / Black ball point pen only
7. Rough work should be done in the blank space provided in this booklet.
8. Return the OMR Sheet to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
9. Please fill in your personal details in the space provided on this page before attempting the paper.
1. Which statement is correct about electric power when resistors are connected in series?
- Electric power is inversely proportion to the resistance.
- Electric power is directly proportion to the resistance.
- Electric power is inversely proportion to the current.
- Electric power is inversely proportion to the voltage.
2. Which statement is true:
- Energy derived or stored in plant is stored in the form of glucose.
- Energy derived or stored in plant is stored in the form of glycogen.
- Energy derived or stored in plant is stored in the form of starch.
- Energy derived or stored in plant is stored in the form of Carbohydrates.
3. A result of fertilization in animals is _______ which divides repeatedly to give rise to ball of cells embedded in the uterus of female as _______ which gets nutrition from a disc called ______.
- Zygote, Embryo, Placenta
- Zygote, Foetus, Placenta
- Embryo, Foetus, Umbilical cord
- Foetus, embryo, Umbilical cord
4. Which part of brain controls Heart beat?
- Spinal cord
5. Choose the correct statement about right-hand thumb rule and right-hand rule, from the following:
- The right-hand thumb rule is used to find the direction of magnetic field due to current carrying conductor.
- The right-hand thumb rule was given by Fleming.
- The right-hand thumb rule is used in finding a main lines in circular loop.
- Fleming’s right-hand rule is a simple rule to know the direction of motion or force acting on the conductor.
6. Provide the missing labels A, B and C in the given diagram of the nephron.
- Glomerulus, Nephric tubules, Bowman’s capsule
- Bowman’s capsule, Collecting duct, Glomerulus
- Glomerulus, Nephric tubules, Collecting duct
- Nephric tubules, Glomerulus, Collecting duct
7. The water of crystallization is the fixed number of water molecules present in one formula unit of a salt.
The compound that changes its color due to the pressure of moisture is:
- Ferrous sulphate
- Silver nitrate
- Sodium sulphate
- Calcium hydroxide
8. The arteries have …………i………… and …………ii…………. Walls, where as the veins have ……………iii… walls.
- i. thin, ii elastic, iii thick
- i. thin, ii thick, iii elastic
- i. thick, ii elastic, iii thin
- I. thick, ii thin, iii elastic
9. In night, sometimes we see stars brighter and sometimes fainter. The main reason behind this is:
10. Which statement is not correct about the reaction of iron oxide and Aluminium?
- In this reaction aluminium is oxidised.
- The ion formed is in in molten state
- This reaction is used to join railway tracks or cracked machine part
- This reaction is highly endothermic.
|Ques. 1||(a)||Ques. 6||(c)|
|Ques. 2||(c)||Ques. 7||(a)|
|Ques. 3||(a)||Ques. 8||(c)|
|Ques. 4||(a)||Ques. 9||(b)|
|Ques. 5||(d)||Ques. 10||(d)|