Class 6 NSO Sample Papers are readily available for download. Please click the download icon below to view or download the sample paper. These NSO Olympiad Sample Questions will be of the most use to you as you study.
Free PDF of NSO Sample Question for Class 6
Olympiad Registration 2023
National Science Olympiad 2022-23 – Download free NSO Level 1 PDF Sample Papers for Class 6
Guidelines for the Candidate
1. You will get additional ten minutes to fill up information about yourself on the OMR Sheet, before the start of the exam.
2. Write your Name, School Code, Class, Roll No. and Mobile Number clearly on the OMR Sheet and do not forget to sign it. We will share your marks / result and other information related to Olympiad exams on your mobile number.
3. The Question Paper comprises sections: reasoning, subjective, achiever’s section
4. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. Use of a calculator is not permitted.
5. There is only ONE correct answer. Choose only ONE option for an answer.
6. To mark your choice of answers by darkening the circles on the OMR Sheet, use HB Pencil or Blue / Black ball point pen only
7. Rough work should be done in the blank space provided in this booklet.
8. Return the OMR Sheet to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
9. Please fill in your personal details in the space provided on this page before attempting the paper.
1.Identify P, Q and R respectively.
- Lamina, Petiole, Stem
- Petiole, Lamina, Stem
- Stem, Petiole, Lamina
- Lamina, Stem, Petiole
2. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT?
Statement 1: Air is an insulator.
Statement 2: Your body is a conductor of electricity.
- Only statement 1
- Only statement 2
- Both statement 1 and 2
- Neither statement 1 nor 2
3.Which of the following statements is INCORRECT about the given figure?
- This method of separating components of a mixture is called winnowing.
- This method of separating components of a mixture is called sieving.
- It is used to separate heavier and lighter components of a mixture by wind or by blowing air.
- This method is commonly used by farmers to separate lighter husk particles from heavier seeds of grain.
4. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
- North pole brought near to the north pole of another magnet which attracts.
- The South pole brought near to the south pole of another magnet which attracts.
- The South pole brought near to the north pole of another magnet which repels.
- North pole is brought near the south pole of another magnet which attracts.
5.Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
- Although electricity is very useful, it can also be very dangerous.
- If electric wires and electrical appliances are handled carelessly, then a person can get electric shock which may cause severe burns and even death.
- We should never use electricity from power points for performing science experiments because it is very unsafe and dangerous to do so.
- All of these
6. Shikha came from school on a hot, sunny day. She asked for a glass of water from her brother Mohit. He gave her a glass of ice-cold water. Shikha observed some water droplets on the outer surface of the glass and asked Mohit, How were these droplets of water formed? Which of the following should be her brother’s answer?
- Evaporation of water from the glass
- Water that seeped out from the glass
- Evaporation of atmospheric water vapour
- Condensation of atmospheric water vapour
7.Which one of the following is the most impure form of natural water?
8. The leaves of plants contain a green pigment called ________.
- All of these
9. Fill in the blanks:
Cotton, wool, silk, and jute are some examples of _____, while nylon and polyester are some examples of _____.
- natural fibres, synthetic fibres
- khadi fibres, synthetic fibres
- Both A and B
- None of these
10. The plane mirror forms a _____________.
- Virtual image
- Real image
- Inverted image
- Magnified image
|Ques. 1||(a)||Ques. 6||(d)|
|Ques. 2||(d)||Ques. 7||(d)|
|Ques. 3||(b)||Ques. 8||(a)|
|Ques. 4||(d)||Ques. 9||(a)|
|Ques. 5||(d)||Ques. 10||(a)|
Is the Olympiad useful for IIT?
The Math and Science Olympiads are ideal for applicants who plan to take the NEET and IIT JEE exams soon. Students can test their understanding of the key topics covered in these tests by choosing the appropriate Olympiad.
How many questions are there in NSO Class 6?
For Class 6, the test is an objective-style test with 50 multiple-choice questions.
Which Olympiad is best for Class 6?
- SCO National Science Olympiad – NSO.
- SCO International Mathematical Olympiad – IMO.
- SCO International English Olympiad – IEO.
- SCO International General Knowledge Olympiad – IGKO.
- SCO International Logical Reasoning Olympiad – ILRO.
- SCO International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad – IAIO.
- SCO International Coding Olympiad – ICO.