Class 9 NSO Sample Papers are readily available for download. Please click the download icon below to view or download the Sample paper. These NSO Olympiad Sample Questions will be of the most use to you as you study.
Free PDF of NSO Sample Question for Class 9
National Science Olympiad – NSO Registration for Class 9
National Science Olympiad 2022-23 – Download free NSO Level 1 PDF Sample Papers for Class 9
Guidelines for the Candidate
1. You will get additional ten minutes to fill up information about yourself on the OMR Sheet, before the start of the exam.
2. Write your Name, School Code, Class, Roll No. and Mobile Number clearly on the OMR Sheet and do not forget to sign it. We will share your marks / result and other information related to Olympiad exams on your mobile number.
3. The Question Paper comprises sections: reasoning, subjective, achiever’s section
4. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. Use of calculator is not permitted.
5. There is only ONE correct answer. Choose only ONE option for an answer.
6. To mark your choice of answers by darkening the circles on the OMR Sheet, use HB Pencil or Blue / Black ball point pen only
7. Rough work should be done in the blank space provided in this booklet.
8. Return the OMR Sheet to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
9. Please fill in your personal details in the space provided on this page before attempting the paper.
1. Identify ‘Y’ –
Look the diagram given and answer the question 2 and question 3:-
2. This type of force is known as-
- Balanced force
- Unbalanced force
- Applied force
- Tension force
3. If we increase the force from right side, then the movement of object is towards-
- Left side
- No movement
- Right side
4. The phenomenon in which liquids change into vapours at any temperature below their boiling point is known as evaporation.
Which condition out of the following will increase this phenomenon?
- Adding common salt.
- Decrease in temperature.
- Less exposed surface area.
- Increase in temperature
5. Identify the type of tissue in given figures:
- Collenchyma and aerenchyma
- Parenchyma and sclerenchyma
- Collenchyma and sclerenchyma
- Parenchyma and aerenchyma
6. One day, Gauri was removing her nail paint by using nail paint remover, suddenly, the bottle broke and the liquid fell into her hand. She felt cold on her hand. The next morning, she asked her teacher, “Why did she feel like that?
Teacher explained the reason to her. According, to you what will be the reason-
- None of above
7. A heterogeneous mixture in which the particles are uniformly spread throughout the solution and the solute particles cannot be seen with the naked eye is known as_____.
- Colloidal Solution
- Supersaturated Solution
8. Given below in a block diagram showing the types of permanent tissues in plants. Complete the diagram by filling the blanks:
- 1- Complex, 2- Xylem, 3- Parenchyma 4- Sclerenchyma
- 1- Complex, 2- Parenchyma, 3- Xylem, 4- Sclerenchyma
- 1- Xylem, 2- Complex, 3- Parenchyma, 4- Sclerenchyma
- 1- Sclerenchyma, 2- Complex, 3- Xylem, 4- parenchyma
9. Which graph is incorrect for velocity and time relation?
10. Rohan of mass 80kg, pedals his bicycle of mass 10kg up to the topof hill and stops. He turns around and rides back to the bottom without pedalling or using his brakes. If height of the hill is 10 m. The potential energy gained by him when he reached the top of hill is _______________.
|Ques. 1||(a)||Ques. 6||(c)|
|Ques. 2||(a)||Ques. 7||(a)|
|Ques. 3||(a)||Ques. 8||(a)|
|Ques. 4||(d)||Ques. 9||(c)|
|Ques. 5||(b)||Ques. 10||(d)|