Class 8 NSO Sample Papers are readily available for download. Please click the download icon below to view or download the Sample paper. These NSO Olympiad Sample Questions will be of the most use to you as you study.
Free PDF of NSO Sample Question for Class 8
National Science Olympiad – NSO Registration for Class 8
National Science Olympiad 2022-23 – Download free NSO Level 1 PDF Sample Papers for Class 8
Guidelines for the Candidate
1. You will get additional ten minutes to fill up information about yourself on the OMR Sheet, before the start of the exam.
2. Write your Name, School Code, Class, Roll No. and Mobile Number clearly on the OMR Sheet and do not forget to sign it. We will share your marks / result and other information related to Olympiad exams on your mobile number.
3. The Question Paper comprises sections: reasoning, subjective, achiever’s section
4. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. Use of calculator is not permitted.
5. There is only ONE correct answer. Choose only ONE option for an answer.
6. To mark your choice of answers by darkening the circles on the OMR Sheet, use HB Pencil or Blue / Black ball point pen only
7. Rough work should be done in the blank space provided in this booklet.
8. Return the OMR Sheet to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
9. Please fill in your personal details in the space provided on this page before attempting the paper.
1.Which of the following does not work on the existence of atmospheric pressure?
- Rise of iodine solution in the glass tube of dropper
- Rise of cold drink in a long plastic straw
- Sticking of suction hook on the wall of a room
- Rise of mercury in glass tube of thermometer
2.The friction between two surfaces does not depend on one of the following:
- Amount of surface area of the two objects which is in contact with each other
- Weight of the object which tends to move on the surface of other object
- Degree of smoothness of surfaces of two objects in contact with each other
- Degree of roughness of surfaces of two objects in contact with each other
3. In the circuit shown in figure, when the key is closed, the compass needle placed in the match box deflects. Name the force which cases this deflection.
- Frictional Force
- Magnetic Force
- Electrical Force
- Gravitational Force
4. Which of the following statements is/are incorrect?
- Atom is the smallest part of an element.
- An element is a substance which is made up of only one kind of atoms.
- An atom of liquid sulphur or vapour forms of sulphur would be different as that of solid sulphur.
- Oxygen and nitrogen are two examples of elements
5. Which one of the following changes may occur due to desertification?
- Decrease in atmospheric temperature
- Increase in water holding capacity of soil
- Increased chances of floods
- Conversion of fertile land into a desert
6. In a large commercial complex there are four ways to reach the main road. One of the path has loose soil, the second is laid with polished marble, the third is laid with bricks and the fourth has gravel surface. It is raining heavily and Hrithvik wishes to reach the main road. The path on which he is least likely to slip is ______.
- loose soil
- polished marble
7. An object is vibrating at 25 Hz. What is its time period?
- 0.04 s
- 4 s
- 0.4 s
- 40 s
8. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT?
- If we rub one end of a pen made of plastic with a sheet of paper, it attracts the tiny pieces of paper.
- If we take an inflated rubber balloon, rub it carefully with a piece of woollen cloth and then touch it with a wall, the balloon stick to the wall.
- The glass rod is first rubbed with a piece of silk cloth and then brought near the tiny pieces of paper the glass rod attracts the tiny pieces of paper.
- None of the above
9. Which of the following produces diffuse reflection of light?
- Mirror on a dressing table
- Water surface of a pond
- Screen in a cinema hall
- Polished wooden table
10. Hanu made the figure shown here. Help him by giving a suitable caption to the figure.
- Female butterfly
- Cocoon with developing moth
|Ques. 1||(d)||Ques. 6||(c)|
|Ques. 2||(a)||Ques. 7||(a)|
|Ques. 3||(b)||Ques. 8||(d)|
|Ques. 4||(c)||Ques. 9||(c)|
|Ques. 5||(d)||Ques. 10||(c)|
Free PDF of NSO Sample Question for Class 1 to 12
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 1|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 2|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 3|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 4|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 5|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 6|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 7|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 8|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 9|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 10|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 11|
|NSO Free Sample PDF Papers for Class 12|