Download the Class 10 NSO Science Olympiad Previous Year Question Paper – 2022 for a better performance. You perform better at the NSO Olympiad as a result. You can obtain free practice questions after enrolling in the Olympiad through School Connect Online.
Click this link to get registered yourself: www.schoolconnectonline.com
Professionals developed the NSO Science Olympiad Previous Year Question Paper for Class 10, 2022 to aid students in familiarizing themselves with the material covered and the pattern/marking scheme used, which can then be used to assist them in developing a sensible plan and strategy for exam preparation.
NSO Science Olympiad Previous Year Question Paper for Class 10 – Download
Guidelines for the Candidate
1. You will get additional ten minutes to fill up information about yourself on the OMR Sheet, before the start of the exam.
2. Write your Name, School Code, Class, Roll No. and Mobile Number clearly on the OMR Sheet and do not forget to sign it. We will share your marks / result and other information related to Olympiad exams on your mobile number.
3. The Question Paper comprises sections: reasoning, subjective, achievers’ section
4. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking. Use of calculator is not permitted.
5. There is only ONE correct answer. Choose only ONE option for an answer.
6. To mark your choice of answers by darkening the circles on the OMR Sheet, use HB Pencil or Blue / Black ball point pen only
7. Rough work should be done in the blank space provided in this booklet.
8. Return the OMR Sheet to the invigilator at the end of the exam.
9. Please fill in your personal details in the space provided on this page before attempting the paper.
A student in class X was doing an experiment in a chemistry lab, he mixed lead nitrate and potassium iodide. After completing the experiment, he observed a lot of changes in the test tube.
1. He saw a yellow precipitate of:
- Potassium Nitrate.
- Lead Iodide.
- Potassium Iodide.
- Potassium Oxide.
2. The chemical reaction involved in this reaction is:
- Pb(NO3)3 + KI →PBI2 + 2KNO3
- Pb(NO3)2 + 2KI →PBI2 + 2KNO3
- Pb(NO3)2 + 3KI →PBI2 + 3KNO3
- Pb(NO3)3 + 3KI →PBI2 + 3KNO3
3. When metals react with acid, hydrogen gas is evolved but when some metal reacts which nitric acid, hydrogen gas is evolved. The metal is:
4. The chemical name and formula of plaster of Paris is written as:
- Calcium Sulphate decahydrate CaSO4.10H2O
- Calcium Sulphate hemihydrate CaSO4.1/2H2O
- Calcium Sulphate dehydrate CaSO4
- Calcium Sulphate dihydrate CaSO4.2H2O
5. Which of the following statement is correct:
- Copper sulphate contains two molecules of water of crystallisation
- Copper sulphate contains three molecules of water of crystallisation
- Copper sulphate contains four molecules of water of crystallisation
- Copper sulphate contains five molecules of water of crystallization
6. Match the items given in column A with the column B –
|Column A||Column B|
|1. Ferrous Sulphate + heat||i) Exothermic reaction|
|2. Barium chloride + Sodium sulphate||ii) displacement|
|3. Respiration||iii) Precipitation reaction|
|4. Copper sulphate solution + Zinc||iv) Decomposition reaction|
- 1-(iii), 2-(ii), 3-(iv), 4-(i)
- 1-(iv), 2-(iii), 3-(i), 4-(ii)
- 1-(i), 2-(ii), 3-(iv), 4-(iii)
- 1-(ii), 2-(iv), 3-(i), 4-(iii)
7. Which of the statements are true about the organic compounds:
- Saturated hydrocarbon compounds show addition reaction.
- Unsaturated hydrocarbon compounds show hydrogenation
- Butane shows hydrogenation
- Unsaturated hydrocarbon compounds are reactive.
- (i), (ii)
- (ii), (iii),(iv)
- (ii), (iv)
- (ii), (iv)
Answer the Q- 8 and 9 on the basis of the diagram given below:
8.What type of energy conversion is observed in a solenoid?
- Kinetic to Electrical
- Electrical to Kinetic
- Electrical to Magnetic
- Magnetic to Electrical
9. The strength of magnetic field produced by a solenoid can be increased by:
- Increasing number of cells
- Increasing the number of turns of wire
- Interchanging the polarities of the battery
- Both (a) and (b)
10. The image of an object formed by a lens is magnification -1. If the distance between the object and lens is 30cm. What will be its focal length?
|Ques. 1||(c)||Ques. 6||(b)|
|Ques. 2||(b)||Ques. 7||(d)|
|Ques. 3||(c)||Ques. 8||(c)|
|Ques. 4||(b)||Ques. 9||(d)|
|Ques. 5||(b)||Ques. 10||(d)|