International Mathematics Olympiad famously known as IMO is a mathematics Olympiad conducted under the direction of the Science Olympiad Foundation for your child to build a good foundation for maths. Moreover, for better performance in higher standard. However, IMO Class 5 exposes you to a wide scope of questions and the difficulty levels to make you amicable with the subject and the concepts.
The procedure of IMO Exams
This level of the test is conducted in your schools during school hours.
(i) The first 1 competition is in a form of a test 60 minutes time limit consisting of 35 objective nature Multiple Choice questions for classes 1 to 4. However, 50 objective nature MCQs for classes 5 to 12.
(ii) The question paper complies with four sections:
1 Section-: Logical Reasoning
2 Section-: Mathematical Reason
3 Section-: Everyday Mathematics
4 Section-: Achievers Section
(iii) There are individual questions papers for every date of exam.
(iv) The mode in which the test is conducted in English.
(v) CBSE, ICSE/ISC, and State Board courses are considered before compiling the test papers.
(vi) The exam will be taken during your school hours.
The second level is conducted for the students of 3rd and 12th standards. Candidates of the second round will be:
- International Level: Top 5% of students, according to the class, who appear in the 1st level exam internationally.
- Zone/State Level: Top 25 rank holders from individual Zone and every class.
- School Level: Class topper where at least 10 students from every class appear in the exam.
IMO Class 5 Score Format
|SECTION||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS/QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
- Level-I Olympiad exams question will be 60% from your present class syllabus and 40% weightage will be from the previous class syllabus.
- Questions of level-II Olympiad exams will be from your present class course only.
- Questions in ACHIEVERS SECTION will be also from the present class course only.
A school may select one date to conduct the IMO examination as per their convenience.
FIRST DATE – 4th & 5th December 2021
SECOND DATE – 24th & 26th December 2021
THIRD DATE – 8th & 9th January 2022
Dates of exams may shuffle as per the functioning of schools due to the pandemic.
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/