The Maths Olympiad famously acknowledges as IMO. IMO Class5 Previous papers contain answers to numerous questions asked in the previous Olympiad exam papers and give a step-by-step guide for solving a large array of problems. However, IMO papers are divided into numerous sections. These sections are logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning, and day-to-day maths.
Although, thoroughly studying and understanding the solutions given in IMO Class 5 Previous Papers will allow you to develop efficient problem-solving abilities. Moreover, it modifies both your abstract and creative reasoning skills as well.
How is the IMO exam conducted?
The first level of the examination is conducted in your respective schools that too during school hours only.
- The Level 1 exam of objective-type test in nature. It has a duration of 60 minutes and comprises 35 questions for 1st to 4th Standards. And for 5th to 12th standards 50 objective-type questions.
- The exam contains four sections:
1st: Logical Reasoning
2nd : Mathematical Reasoning
3rd : Everyday Mathematics
4th: Achievers Section
- There are different question papers for every standard.
- The language of the examination is English.
- However, the syllabus of CBSE, ICSE/ISC, and other State Board is considered before setting test papers.
Level 2 of the IMO exam is for the students studying in the 3rd to 12th standard. The second round qualifiers will contain the following:
- Top 5% of students class-wise that gave an attempt for the 1st level examination. Due weightage to marks secured in various sections will be given. Every section holds a separate weightage.
- Top 25 rank holders class-wise according to the Zone.
- At least 10 class toppers from a class appear in the exam and have secured a 50% qualifying score.
Scoring Pattern of IMO
The scoring pattern for IMO Level 1 and Level 2 exams is described below:
|Level||Class||Section||Marks per Question||No. of Questions||Section-wise Marks||Total Marks|
|LEVEL 1||1-4||Logical Reasoning||1||10||10||40|
|Applied Mathematics/ Mathematical Reasoning||1||20||20|
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/