The International English Olympiad (IEO) is a one-of-a-kind Olympiad that emphasizes the importance of English in academics, daily life, and its relevance in today’s global world. It will concentrate on general English, comprehension, grammar, and writing abilities. The questions will be simple and interactive, and the students will love answering them.
The International English Olympiad (IEO) exam seeks to improve students’ English spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and language mastery. Language learning is a never-ending process. There is always room for development in such issues. This can only be accomplished via sheer hard work, a passion for the subject, and a deep dive into dedication. This article is all about IEO Class 2 chapter 2: Verbs.
IEO Class 2 chapter 2: Verbs Detailed Notes
Words that express acts, occurrences, or conditions are called verbs. Consequently, verbs are required to complete the phrase or query.
The verb acts as the primary predicate component of a sentence, which is the area of the phrase that describes the subject’s (person or object) identity or action.
List of common English verbs
|Verb||Present Tense||Past Tense||Future Tense|
|To be||am||was||Will be|
|To bring||bring||brought||Will bring|
|To ask||ask||asked||Will ask|
|To become||become||became||Will become|
|To buy||buy||bought||Will buy|
How to prepare for IEO?
- The first step in preparing for the English Olympiad is for pupils to grasp the fundamentals of the language. Of course, the same is true for any other subject. However, in English, the term “basic” refers to grammar.
- Students should be well-versed in grammatical principles and thoroughly revise them.
- Every day, practice.
- Every day, learn 5-10 new words and their synonyms.
- Prepare example papers
- Do workbooks and practice sheets on many topics to remain on top of your game.
You can also register for the following Olympiads:
International Science Olympiad
School Connect Online offers olympiads such as:
1. National Science Olympiad (NSO)
2. International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
4. Artificial Intelligence Olympiad.
Prepare for your Olympiad coaching with the School Connect Olympiad by interacting with one of the greatest educators from IIT, NIT, as well as other institutions!
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/