National Talent Search Examination famously known as NTSE is designed for the Secondary School Level and is National Level Scholarship Program to acknowledge and award students who have high intellectual and are academically talented.
NTSE is conducted annually at two levels i.e., Stage-I (State Level) is an NTSE Exam, is carried out by the States/Union Territories and The Stage-II (National Level) is an NTSE Exam, conducted under the supervision of the NCERT.
The motive of this two-tier examination is to recognize students with a special talent and who have a peculiar aptitude for Sciences, Mathematics, Social Sciences, and questions based on Analytical Reasoning.
The stage-I of NTSE 2020-2021 was held on the 14/Feb/2021, stage II of NTSE 2020-2021 which was scheduled for 13 of June 2021 (Postponed)
Eligibility criteria for Stage II
· For being eligible for Stage II which is held at National Level, it is mandatory for candidates to score above 80% in the State level exam.
· Approximately 4000 students are contenders of the NTSE Stage-II (National Level) all over the country.
· Students who have scored the minimum required marks in the examination of Stage II will also be qualified for the scholarship program.
For now NCERT Stage II Exam Date: The National Talent Search Stage-II Examination was scheduled on 13th June 2021 (Postponed) in all the States/UTs.
a) 15% for students who belong to the SC category,
b) 7.5% for students who belong to the ST category and
c) 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
For numerous stages of education, approx. two thousand scholarships are awarded. They are as follows:
- Scholarship for Class-XI to XII of Rs.1250/- per month.
- Scholarship for Undergraduates and Post-graduates of Rs.2000/- per month.
- Amount of Scholarships for Ph.D. be fixed under the UGC norms.
Process of selection
· Stage I i.e. State Level NTSE Exam: Stage-I selections are done by States/UTs and
· Stage II i.e. National Level NTSE Exam: those students who have cleared Stage I, will be eligible to showcase their talent further in the Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
Mark required for qualifying
Qualifying marks for students belonging from the General category is 40% in each exam and for candidates who represent the SC, ST, PH is 35% in each paper.
Moreover, Language Test Qualifying in nature and marks secured in Language Test will not be considered for final merit.