IEO Sample Papers Class2 has the following benefits and specimens:
Benefits of English Olympiad for Class 2
- It prepares your child for advanced access in English.
- The IEO exam is a process of becoming aware of your child’s weaknesses and strengths and efficiently working on them.
- International Olympiads allow your child to get exposed to the international access of the same.
- This exam gives a fair chance to learn and to perform under a situation like tough questions and limited time.
- It polishes your child’s skills.
Topics included in IEO sample papers
Knowledge of Word & structure – this portion examines the grammatical knowledge of your child on different topics of English Grammar.
Reading – This portion focuses on testing your child’s knowledge of vocabulary and the power of grasping details from the given passage or picture.
Spoken and written expression – This portion examines your child’s spoken knowledge and their ability to respond positively, politely, ideally, and ethically.
Achievers Section – This portion is quite challenging as it examines your child’s ability to imply strengthening concepts to solve questions.
IEO Sample Papers Class 2 syllabus
Total Questions: 35
Time: 1 hr.
- 1st Portion: Collocations, Spellings, Punctuation, Simple tenses, Synonyms, Antonyms, Identify the word from the Picture, Words Related to Animals, Phrases, Contractions, Idioms, Nouns, Word order, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Adjectives, Articles.
- 2nd Portion: Find information from various text types like stories, short dialogues, etc. In addition, also finding information in short texts such as messages, invitations, etc.
- 3rd Portion: Capability to understand situation-based changes in functions including thanking, greeting, asking for permission, introducing (oneself), etc.
- 4th Portion: Higher Order Thinking Questions (HOTS) – Syllabus is from Sections 1, 2, and 3.
|CLASS||SECTION||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS/QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
|1st to 4th||Word and Structure Knowledge||30||1||30|
|Spoken and Written Expression|
SOF IEO will be scheduled on three dates, as mentioned. However, a school may select one date to conduct the IEO examination as per its convenience.
1st Schedule – 23rd & 24th October 2021
2nd Schedule – 30th & 31st October 2021
3rd Schedule – 20th & 21st November 2021
Dates of exams might shuffle depending on the impact of COVID on the functioning of various schools.
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/