The School Connect Online (SCO) conducts the International English Olympiad (IEO) each year to evaluate the English language proficiency of school children. It provides a range of questions with the goal of assisting students in improving their English language abilities. The difficulty levels of all of SCO’s question papers are broken down into groups. Although the IEO syllabus is the same from school to school and grade to grade, the questions’ level of difficulty varies.
Any student interested in participating in the International English Olympiad must read the IEO syllabus. All of the subjects covered by the test are covered by the SCO IEO curriculum. The IEO Class 3 Chapter 10: Articles- A, An or The will be covered in this post.
IEO Class 3 Chapter 10: Articles- A, An, or The Detailed Notes
A term that is specifically employed to modify a noun is called an article. It can be used in a place, a person, an object, etc. As a result, the article is regarded as an adjective. As a result, the word alters the noun. The adjective typically modifies the noun through the description. Articles, however, are employed to highlight the noun.
We can use both definite and indefinite articles when referring to a noun or set of nouns in writing or conversation. This blog is about IEO Class 3 Chapter 10: Articles- A, An, or The.
Let’s start by deleting the Definite article. The word “the” serves as an article and directs attention to a specific noun or collection of nouns.
- The pigmentations on my face
- The turtle in the pool
- The breakfasts on my plate
Each noun or group of nouns being referred to – pigmentations, turtle, and breakfast – is direct and specific.
Table of Articles
|Singular||a / an||the|
The “a” and “an” articles are indefinite. These articles all belong to nouns. The noun connected to, however, does not refer to a specific being, object, place, or idea. Instead, any noun from a set of nouns may be used.
- A BMW from the car block
- An incident in the past.
In any case, the noun lacks accuracy. The incident might have happened in the past, and the BMW could have been any BMW vehicle available for purchase.
Benefits of School connect online olympiad
Olympiad tests are extremely beneficial to understudies. These public or worldwide level tests, which are available to IEO for class 1 to 10 understudies, help understudies in a variety of ways.
The following are the benefits provided by the Olympiads.
- Olympics improve understudies’ thinking abilities.
- They help understudies assess their abilities and have a better understanding of their true capacity.
- They help understudies understand their flaws, which can then be worked on.
- Olympics test understudies’ astuteness, advancing a more profound comprehension of logical realities.
- They hone the insightful abilities of the understudies.
- Contesting at the public or global levels gives understudies a different level of openness.
- The questions on the Olympiad tests help students understand the material better.
Register now for IEO .
School Connect Online offers other olympiads.
1. National Science Olympiad (NSO)
2. International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
4. Artificial Intelligence Olympiad.
Register now for Olympiads 2022.