National Talent Search Examination initial stage that is, State level. Under Stage-I every state has the liberty of conducting the NTSE exam and eligibility criteria as per their set of notions and rules. NTSE Stage-II is conducted under the supervision of NCERT.
Moreover, each aspirant has to satisfy all the guidelines stated by the conducting authorities of both stages.
NTSE Stage 1 Eligibility Criteria
- Students who are at present are studying in 10th standard from any acknowledged school/board including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sainik Schools, and Navodaya Vidyalaya are eligible to appear in stage 1 of the NTSE exam 2021-22.
- States are not allowed to impose abode restrictions for stage 1, however, they have the liberty of adding additional conditions for eligibility such as the qualifying score, etc.
- Those candidates studying from the open board, and are below 18 years of age, unemployed, and going to attempt their 10th standard examination for the first time are also eligible to appear for NTSE exam stage 1.
- Only Indian students are allowed to give an attempt for the NTSE stage 1 exam.
- Students who hail from abroad have the option of directly appearing in the NTSE stage 2 exam.
For numerous stages of education, approx. two thousand scholarships are awarded. They are as follows:
- Scholarship of around Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
- Scholarship of around Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- Amount of Scholarships for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC guidelines.
a) 15% for students who belong to the SC category,
b) 7.5% for students who belong to the ST category and
c) 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Syllabus of NTSE
Usually, the syllabus encompassed by the National Talent Search Examination includes the basics of the 9th and 10th standards. Moreover, there is no specified course of NTSE but as per expert observation and the previous question papers the following syllabus is prepared:
MAT (Mental Ability Test) syllabus for NTSE
NTSE’s first stage that is State level examination is slated to test the logical reasoning and analytical skills of the NTSE aspiring candidates.
|Verbal and Non Verbal Analogy||Verbal and Non-Verbal Series|
|Distance and Direction||Blood Relations|
|Alphabet and Number Test||Ranking and Arrangements|
|Venn Diagrams||Mathematical Operations|
|Calendar, Time, and clock||Missing|
|Embedded Figures||Paper Cutting and Folding|
|Cube and Dice & Water and Mirror Images||Words Problems|