NTSE holds sheer importance as it belongs to a versed category of exams and is directed by the Government of India. NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination. NTSE is established for seeking young talent and granting them National level scholarships. NTSE is not only about distributing scholarships to worthy students but to acknowledge them as the nation’s talent. What is NTSE?
NTSE is conducted under the vigilance of NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training). NTSE is devised for the students studying in the 10th Class. It provides an opportunity for the students to exhibit their talent in front of the country. NTSE class 10 previous year papers
Eligibility criteria of NTSE
- Candidates need to secure at least a minimum of 60% marks in class 9th for being eligible to appear in the Stage I exam.
- There are two language modes in which papers are available: Hindi and English. A student is given the option of opting for the two languages.
- The examination paper is divided into two sections: MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- The mode in which the examination is conducted in offline mode and the overall duration of the exam is 4 hours (2 hours for each section).
- The syllabus covered under the NTSE examination belongs to the academic standards of classes 9th and 10th.
- The question in the exam is of an objective type that is multiple-choice questions. The question given in the examination is 200 in total and each section comprises 100 questions. 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer, and for incorrect answers, a candidate has not to suffer the repercussions of negative marking.
- The syllabus of the NTSE SAT includes three subjects, namely: Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), Social Science (History, Geography, Civics), and Mathematics.
Perks of the Scholarship
- NTSE scholars are granted 15 seats by IIT- Hyderabad.
- In National Defence Academy (NDA) NTSE scholars are preferred the most.
- NTSE candidates have a positive impact on Public and Private jobs.
The motive behind conducting the NTSE exam is to provide scholarships for Classes 11th and 12th. A scholarship of an amount of Rs. 1250/- per month is distributed to around 2000 candidates who aspire to pursue higher-level education in Science and Social Studies.