Students from all over the world who have passed an international English language test can compete in the International English Olympiad (IEO). This test is open to students in grades 1 to 12. The IEO Exam only evaluates at one level.
The School Connect Online has established the curriculum for the International English Olympiad for grades 1 to 12. The Word & Structure Knowledge, Reading, Spoken & Written Expression, and Achievers topics are included in the IEO Syllabus 2022–23. For grades 1 through 4, there are 35 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on the SOF IEO Level 1 paper, and there are 50 MCQs for a total of 60 points on the paper for grades 5 through 12. The complete notes for IEO Class 3 Chapter 4:Conjunctions are provided below.
IEO Class 3 Chapter 4: Conjunctions detailed notes
Conjunctions are words that link together many concepts. Conjunction, then, is a word that connects nouns, verbs, or phrases.
AND: AND is a term for phrases or clauses that are read collectively. When two assertions are similar, the conjunction “and” is used to demonstrate adding.
Example: In the park, Sia and Ria are having fun.
But – a contrasting idea is demonstrated.
Example: As an illustration, Rohit is smart whereas Ravi is boring.
OR – used to imply that just one possibility can be achieved between the two.
Example: Ravi or Mohan has done this.
BECAUSE – Because is a word used to explain why something is done.
Example: Because of his illness, he chose not to attend school.
Tips to Ace IEO 2022-2023
- Students should start studying earlier if they are preparing for Olympiad exams so they have ample time to revise.
- It is advised that students evaluate the course material and test format before starting their preparation for the Olympiad exam. The authorities hold the Olympiad test on six different subjects. Students must therefore study the curriculum for the relevant subject.
- The section must be anticipated by the students, and they must develop a study plan for it. Set a schedule and divide each subject equally. The number of days students will have to finish their course must be carefully planned.
- There may be moments when students struggle to understand a particular section or subject. Do not be afraid to ask a teacher, mentor, or tutor for help if you find yourself in this situation.
- Time management is essential for studying for the Olympiad exam. Students are urged to maximize each and every moment.
You can also register for the following Olympiads:
School Connect Online offers olympiads such as:
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/