English is the most important subjects for any class. Not even for academics, learning and excelling English is very important for every student. s aims to ensure that students have their best command on English. The purpose of English Olympiad for class 1 is to make students better at english. School Connect Olympiads are solely made and strudtured to improve student’s basics and concepts. So is English Olympiad. The English Olympiad prioritizes to improve student’s grammar, spelling, vocabulary and sentence structure.
Benefits of English Olympiad for class 1
- Giving the exam at international or national levels boosts up their confidence
- Olympiads provide the right exposure towards the competition ahead.
- Teach the students time management.
- Today, with the provision of Online learning and online Olympiads, students can learn at their own pace.
- These exams encourage self-learning that goes a long way in students’ life. It stimulates them to examine their progress on a timely basis.
- Olympiads benefit students to be equipped for future competitions. It develops a good working knowledge on the type of questions asked. Higher education system expects students to appear for various national level entrance tests and crack these with good percentiles.
How to prepare for English Olympiad for class 1 ?
1. Get acquainted with your syllabus. Understanding the curriculum properly is the first step towards your preparation. You need to go through the whole syllabus and recognize the necessary topics. You need to be very focused on your preparation and collect comprehensive reading materials. These days, online sample papers are of very much help.
2. Begin your preparation as early as you can. The aspiring students who want to achieve the best always prepare in advance for this exam. You will have to prepare according to the patterns of most recent question papers along with the question papers of earlier years.
3. Collect your study materials in advance. Looking out for study materials or sample papers just before the test might not be helpful. You can lose some essential time searching for preparatory materials and resources.
4. Opt for some online preparation which is very prevalent nowadays. Online platforms support a lot in practicing and preparing the English subject much more efficiently. SMoreover, English and Science are not like Mathematics which can be practiced on paper.
5. The next thing you need to do is prepare a timetable. A timetable is to be followed rigorously. Put all your efforts to improve where you lag. Make your revisions timely and repeat them regularly. Going through the subjects, again and again, helps you to get a hold of the subject.
6. Practice your subjects regularly. To know well the usage of English grammar, you need to do a lot of practice. You must go through each and every feature of the English subject and practice it very firmly. Only then you would be able to comprehend all the concepts involved.
7. Go for the mock tests or try cracking the sample papers. Everyone knows well that one of the most acceptable ways of preparing for any test is to attempt some mock tests. Mock tests are a proven way to improve your scoring . They further enable you to know your flaws and strength.
Syllabus For English Olympiad for Class 1:
- Make the Word
- Meanings of Words
- Opposites of Word
- One and Many
- He and She
- Which One is Different?
- Babies, Sounds and Groups
- Action Words
- A’ or ‘An’
- Logical Reasoning
How to register?
To register yourself in international maths olympiad (IMO) click here : https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/OlympiadRegistration.aspx
- Class: You need to be a student in Classes 1 to 12 to be eligible for this exam.
- Boards: You must be a student of SSC, ICSE or CBSE boards.
- Qualifying for second level examination:
The top 5% of students (class-wise) also benchmark percentile score who appear for the first level exam.
Class toppers from each participating school; where at least 10 students participate and score a minimum of 50%.
- Year of attempt: As long as you’re a student enrolled in any of Classes 1 to 12, you can apply for International Olympiad
- Number of attempts: You can only attempt one time in a year for any olympiad with 2 qualifying stages.
- Year of attempt: As long as you’re a student enrolled in any of Classes 1 to 12, you can apply for International Olympiad once in every academic year.
Other Olympiads you can register for:
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Artificial Intelligence Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad|
|Maths Olympiad||International Maths Olympiad|
|Science Olympiad||International Science Olympiad|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad|