Students benefit from Science Olympiads in a variety of ways, and they have a lot to offer; it has been observed that students are very interested in these tests because they benefit them in so many ways. Science Olympiads help students understand topics and related concepts better. This article contains detailed notes for Science Chapter 5 for Class 5: Food Preservation, Food Spoilage, and Food Management.
Olympiad participation is now mandatory for all schools. Students are introduced to national competitions at a young age. Exams in the Science Olympiad focus on concept-based learning and logical reasoning, allowing students to compete while also learning more about their own abilities in any subject.
Register for the international Science Olympiad now.
Let’s see detailed notes for Science Chapter 5 for Class 5: Food Preservation, Food Spoilage, and Food Management.
Carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals make up our food. Nutrients are the collective name for these substances.
Nutrients are required.
- to provide us with the energy we need to complete our daily tasks
- to develop
- to help our bodies heal
- to keep us safe from diseases and infections
The food we eat is high in one or more nutrients, but no food contains all of the essential nutrients. All nutrients are required for energy, growth, and a healthy body. Foods high in various nutrients should be included in our diet. A balanced diet is one that contains a balance of all essential nutrients.
- Carbohydrates are a source of energy.
- Carbohydrates can be found in the following foods:
- Milk, yogurt, and ice cream are examples of dairy products.
- Fruits: both whole fruit and juice
- Bread, rice, crackers, and cereal are examples of grains.
- Potatoes and corns are examples of vegetables.
- Sweet things and sugars
Fats provide us with energy. They are necessary, but not excessively so. Excess fats are stored in our bodies, clogging our blood vessels and causing heart disease.
Nuts, cheese, chocolates, whole eggs, meat, oils, and ghee are examples of fat-rich foods.
Proteins are a type of food that promotes muscle growth. They aid in the body’s repair and growth. They aid in muscle development. Eggs, fish, milk, cheese, and chicken are all good sources of protein.
Minerals and vitamins
- Vitamins and minerals keep us healthy and keep us from getting sick. They keep us in good health. Protective foods are what they’re called. Milk, fruits, and vegetables provide us with vitamins and minerals.
- Minerals are required for the formation of strong bones and teeth.
- Milk is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals such as calcium. Calcium helps to keep our bones and teeth healthy.
- During the summer, we should eat a lot of fruits because they keep our bodies hydrated.
- Digestion is made easier with water.
- Water aids in body temperature regulation.
- Water makes up 50-65 percent of the average adult human body.
Roughage is the part of grains, vegetables, and fruits that cannot be digested. It is beneficial to digestion.
The process of keeping food fresh for a long time is known as food preservation.
Food preservation can be done in a number of ways:
- Drying: Some foods are dried to keep them fresh for a longer period of time. dry fruits, for example
- Refrigeration or freezing: Some foods are frozen to keep their flavor and nutritional value. frozen peas, for example
- Pickling: Pickling is another method of food preservation.
- Fermentation: Fermentation is another method of food preservation.
- Canning: Canning is a method of preserving vegetables, meat, and other foods.
- Sweetening: Sugar kills germs when it is added to food. Sugar enhances the flavor of the food. jellies, jams, etc.
- Salting: When fish and other foods are salted, they become dehydrated.
About School Connect Online
School Connect Online, as a learning platform, aims to provide students with smart, easy, and simple learning. Competitive exams are frequently difficult. Such exams include a wide range of questions, from large knowledge-based ones to practical ones. It includes both direct objective questions and interpretative problems that students may find difficult to solve. This is why our platform offers free tutorials and sample papers that can be downloaded at any time and from any location. Aside from that, School Connect Online provides some smart techniques and guidelines to help students ace their exams.
School Connect Online offers olympiads such as:
1.National Science Olympiad (NSO)
2. International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
4.Artificial Intelligence Olympiad.
Prepare for your Olympiad coaching with the Olympiad Genius by interacting with one of the greatest educators from IIT, NIT, as well as other institutions!
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/