NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern, Exam Duration and Marking Scheme
The NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern is prescribed by the conducting body of the examination i.e., NCERT. Knowing the structure of the exam should be of utmost priority to the aspirants. The exam pattern helps in understanding the marking scheme, time duration and much more about the question paper. These details help in the NTSE 2020 Preparation in an organized and strategized way.
NTSE is conducted in two stages. The first stage is a State-level examination and comprises two papers each carrying 100 questions. The second stage follows a similar pattern as that of the first stage examination. Those who qualify in the first stage of examination are given the opportunity to appear in the second stage. After successfully qualifying in the second stage, candidates are awarded scholarships.
NTSE is a national-level scholarship examination that has been conducted since 1973.The exam aims at searching talented students and awarding them scholarships to pursue further studies. It has served as an effective initiative to promote education and encourage the youth of the nation to become literate and achieve the pinnacle of success.
Highlights of NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern
- NTSE is conducted in two stages namely state-level and national-level.
- The mode of examination is offline.
- The first stage comprises two papers where each consists of 100 multiple type questions.
- The pattern of both the stages of NTSE 2020 is similar.
- Each paper of both the stages carries 100 marks.
- The duration of each paper is 120 minutes i.e., 2 hours.
- One of the two papers of each stage is divided into sections namely Science, Mathematics and Social Science.
NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern and structure of the NTSE 2020 has been described below. The candidates must remember that Stage 1 will be the state-level screening test whereas the second stage will be a national level screening of young talents of the nation. Candidates must know that the exam pattern of stage 2 of NTSE 2020 is similar to stage 1. If there is any change in pattern for Stage 2 of the examination, the same will be communicated through the official portal of NCERT. Aspirants are advised to keep track of updates on the website.
|Paper||Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Examination (in minutes)|
|Paper I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120|
|Paper II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120|
Sectional Break-Up of Questions in SAT of Both Stage 1 and 2 of NTSE 2020
|Paper||Test||Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||Science||40||40||120 minutes|
NTSE 2020 Marking Scheme
- For every correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidates.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Marks will not be deducted for unattempted or unanswered questions.
- Since there is no negative marking, candidates are advised to attempt every question of the examination paper.
Reference Links –
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
Coding and Computer Syllabus Class 1 to 12
|Class 1||Coding Syllabus Class 1||Class 7||Coding Syllabus Class 7|
|Class 2||Coding Syllabus Class 2||Class 8||Coding Syllabus Class 8|
|Class 3||Coding Syllabus Class 3||Class 9||Coding Syllabus Class 9|
|Class 4||Coding Syllabus Class 4||Class 10||Coding Syllabus Class 10|
|Class 5||Coding Syllabus Class 5||Class 11||Coding Syllabus Class 11|
|Class 6||Coding Syllabus Class 6||Class 12||Coding Syllabus Class 12|