Introducing Coding From Class 6 Its Impact
There cannot be said to be any major foreseeable disadvantages of learning to code form class 6. However, many people have pointed out that introducing coding at a very early age such as class 6 must be done carefully as it can have several disadvantages.Introducing Coding From Class 6 Its Impact
- Learning to code is not a requirement for a person to operate a computer well. Hence, it will be essential to not overstate the importance of coding for the next-gen workforce otherwise instead of becoming a fruitful venture, this will again become a rat-race.
- Already concerns are being raised about the amount of time today’s children are spending with technology. Educators and parents will have to work together to ensure that this does not have an impact on the time children spend interacting, playing and bonding with friends and family in the real world.
- Many countries that have seen a digital revolution are facing an issue of their youth losing touch with reality and becoming workaholics. India will also have to find a solution to stop its workforce from becoming a mere cog in the machine and instead help them become valuable contributors taking the country forward.
- Coding can be a difficult subject and seeing its potential benefits, many parents might feel inclined to push their children towards learning to code. The educators will have to ensure that they design the curriculum to be fun, engaging and creative in order to develop the intended qualities in children instead of just focusing on rote learning and writing programmes.
- While this cannot be strictly termed as a disadvantage, some have pointed out that it is yet to be seen what, if any, impact these next-generation coders will have on the employability of current-gen engineers.
Many of the disadvantages that have been discussed about the introduction of coding at an early age have been when it has been made mandatory. Since that is not the case here and students are free to choose their subject, it has become much easier to see that the benefits of this move far outweigh the demerits.
Reference Links –
CODING FOR KIDS – A WAY TO SECURE FUTURE
TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION: USING TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM
Artificial intelligence learning for kids
MOST USEFUL NEW SKILLS TO LEARN DURING QUARANTINE
REASONS WHY YOUR CHILD SHOULD LEARN HOW TO CODE AT EARLY AGE
MAKING STUDENTS FUTURE-READY IN NEW-AGE TECH SUCH AS AI AND CODING
NEW EDUCATION POLICY 2020 IS TO TEACH CODING
HOW WILL THE NEW EDUCATION POLICY MAKE INDIA AI AND CODING READY
Learn with best notes,free videos,practice questions and mock tests with School Connect Online for free demo click here