Overview of Schooling in 2030
On curriculum, most schools have been content to follow NCERT, SCERT and other board mandated syllabi. However, we should consider these as the base minimum and aspire to provide an education to our students that goes beyond syllabus.
We have to expand the definition of core subjects from Math, Science, Social Science and Languages to include Coding & Computational Skills, Design Thinking, Financial Literacy and Self-Leadership. We need to embed skill development on Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking and Creative Thinking in our time-tables and annual calendars.
And lastly, all schools should have counseling support for students in Middle School. This kind of curriculum overhaul will ensure that students are getting an education that prepares them for life. Some of this overlaps with NEP but my point is that no school needs to wait for an NEP to implement curriculum innovations beyond what the board mandates.
On pedagogy, we need to end the rule of the textbook. It is the enemy of learning for life because it promotes rote learning and puts an inordinate focus on answering the book-back questions.
We need to connect learning to life, we need to make new learning connect to previous learning, and we need to contextualise learning.
- We need to provide students opportunities to practice and demonstrate their skill. This is best done through learning paths that are multi-modal and that cater to the different learning approaches of different students.
- Textbook is but one minor reference resource in this approach. It is not the be-all and end-all of learning.
- Schools also need to make a definite departure from the linear mode in which most schools run: Teach-Test-Report.
- We need to move to spiral learning – Teach-Test-Remediate-Progress. Spiral learning prevents compounding of learning gaps. It is critical for students to build new learning on a strong foundation of robust previous learning.
- Again, schools don’t need to wait for NEP or for board mandates to implement this Life pedagogy in their schools.
- In 2030, our students will look back at their school with gratitude that it not only prepared them for Board exams, but also prepared them for success in the exam of life.
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
Link for more details JEE ADVANCE – 2021
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2021|
|Eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2021|
|What are the benefits of knowing the exam pattern of JEE Advanced? – 2021|
|Eligibility for JEE Advance on the basis of class 12th and other equivalent exams|
Important Links for reference
For free demo click here
School Connect Online Blog Site –https://bestlearns.in/