JEE Advanced Details 2020
JEE Advanced 2020 (Formerly known as IIT JEE) is the second phase of the JEE examination and is usually conducted after the JEE Main exam. It is an important test for engineering aspirants (especially for those who are seeking admission in premier engineering institutes such as IITs).
JEE Advanced is a computer-based exam and is usually conducted by seven different Indian IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) on a rotational basis.
The details of the JEE Advanced 2020 entrance exam are presented below:
JEE Advanced 2020 Details
|Exam Name: JEE Advanced|
|Exam Conducting Authority: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Exam Purpose: Admission to B.E or B.Tech courses|
|Participating Institutes: 23 IITs and 9 Premier Institutes|
|Exam Mode: Computer-Based Online Test|
|Subjects Covered: Maths, Physics and Chemistry|
|Test Duration: 3 Hours (Paper 1 and 2 Each)|
|Total Marks: Varies (JEE Advanced 2019 total marks was 372)|
|Total Eligible Candidates: Top 2,50,000 candidates from JEE Main|
|Counselling Authority: JoSAA|
|Available Seats in IITs: Varies (Total IIT seats available in 2019 was 13,376)|
|Official JEE Advanced 2020 Notification: Yet to be Released|
What is JEE Advanced?
- It is the only gateway for students to land a seat in premier engineering institutes like IITs.
- It includes 23 IITs offering around 10,988 seats to the eligible candidates.
- Apart from IIT colleges, nine other premier institutes offer admissions based on JEE Advanced score, namely, IISC Bangalore, IISER Bhopal, IISER Kolkata, IISER Mohali, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, IISER Pune, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, RGIPT Rae Bareli, and IIPE Visakhapatnam.
The entrance exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 & Paper 2. It is also carried out in two stages (or ‘shifts’) that are held on the same day. It is mandatory for all the students to appear for both the papers in order to be eligible for the merit list. Candidates are granted admissions to various undergraduate courses as well as masters and dual degree programs offered by IITs based on marks scored or ranks secured in the JEE Advanced examination.
JEE Advanced 2020 will be organized by IIT Delhi. As per a notification released by the exam authority, the examination will be held on May 17, 2020. In addition to the announcement of the exam dates, some new changes have also been introduced. They are as follows:
- Previously, candidates in the top 2,40,000 were shortlisted for JEE Advanced. Going forward, 10,000 more candidates will be selected from JEE Main.
- The reservation for PwD candidates has been raised from 3% to 5%.
- Cultural diversity will be given more focus in the selection process.
- The exam authority has announced that it will be setting up test centres in the United States (San Francisco) as well.
- Candidates can now select 5 JEE Advanced Exam Centers instead of 3 while filling the application form.
Learn with best notes, free videos, practice questions and mock tests with School Connect Online
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Artificial Intelligence Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad|
|Maths Olympiad||International Maths Olympiad|
|Science Olympiad||International Science Olympiad|
|Coding and Learning Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad|
|JEE Main Exam Pattern – 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Results|
|JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern|
|JEE Advanced Application Form & Registration Process 2020|
|Previous Year Statistics for JEE Advanced|
Link for more details JEE ADVANCE – 2021
|Class 1||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 1||Class 7||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 7|
|Class 2||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 2||Class 8||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 8|
|Class 3||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 3||Class 9||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 9|
|Class 4||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 4||Class 10||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 10|
|Class 5||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 5||Class 11||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 11|
|Class 6||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 6||Class 12||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 12|
For free demo click here
School Connect Online Blog Site –https://bestlearns.in/