Importance Of Physical Education In School Curriculum
Physical fitness can be a key component of a healthy lifestyle. This is why P.E. is a key subject in all the leading universities in the world. When regular fitness activities are included in the lifestyle of a student, it is possible for them to maintain fit.
Importance Of Physical Education In Schools
- Students who play sports are better able to concentrate and maintain focus, which has a positive impact on their academic life. This can lead to improved attainment in all other academic subjects.
- Regular exercise is vital in the fight against child obesity. We all know the many health problems that are associated with obesity and how important it is to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. Positive exercise habits that are implemented in childhood and adolescence will likely continue into adulthood.
- Students who exercise regularly have a better quality of sleep. They are therefore more alert at school and have higher levels of concentration.
- Physical exercise helps children relieve stress and anxiety. Young people today are arguably under more pressure than ever, so it is vital for them to have an outlet for this stress.
- Playing sports in groups help young people to improve their teamwork and leadership skills. It also helps to form stronger bonds between peers and promotes a healthy class dynamic.
- Physical activity promotes positive body image in teenagers, especially amongst women and girls. In this age of social media and societal pressure to look a certain way, this is of utmost importance.
- Sports teaches children to have improved self discipline. They can implement this self control in all aspects of their life, from better controlling their emotions to being more self motivated with their studies.
- PE helps children to develop their confidence. This can have a positive aspect on all areas of their life, such as their personal relationships and ability to integrate quickly and make friends, to think about their future goals.
- Sport helps children develop their motor skills and strengthen their muscles. When fine motor skills are developed, children will be more adept at handwriting or playing a musical instrument.
- Children who play regular sports have improved behaviour in school.
It is clear that physical education plays a key role in the development of a student life. There are various factors that should be considered in the development of sports activities. One of these is the age of the student. It is important for a physical educator to help learners make the right choice of physical activities either now or in the future. Therefore, there are some good reasons for why physical education should be incorporated into the school’s curriculum.
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Artificial Intelligence Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad|
|Maths Olympiad||International Maths Olympiad|
|Science Olympiad||International Science Olympiad|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad|