Class 2 Science syllabus investigates and enlightens you about animal life, plant life, weather, water, and physics, as well as technology and astronomy.
Class 2 science syllabus Overview
syllabus topics include:
- Plants and Animals
- Food Chains and Life Cycles
- Earth’s Resources
- Weather and Seasons
- Matter, Energy, Forces, Motion, and Sound
- Space and Technology
Scope and Sequence of class science
I Unit – Plants:
This unit enlightens you concerning plants. Including:
- Parts of plants
- Plants’ need for water
- How different seeds work and look
- Both categories of plants that have flowers and plants
- Plant adaptations for woodlands, prairies, marshes, and deserts
- How plant parts are used to grow a complete plant
II Unit– Animals:
This unit consists of animals with backbones – including
- Birds, and fish
- Animals without backbones.
- Live insects
III Unit – Food Chains and Life Cycles:
This unit discusses:
- The concept of producers and consumers,
- Food chains in grasslands and oceans,
- How plants and animals help each other
- How yeast makes bread rise.
- The life cycle of Monarch Butterflies, the American Robin, the Red-footed Tortoise, and Bean Plants.
IV Unit– Earth’s Resources
This unit discusses natural resources such as:
- How earth changes
- How people can protect the earth.
- Dinosaurs, and
V Unit– Weather and Seasons
In this unit you will learn about different kinds of weather, that is the four seasons, including:
- The water cycle.
- As well as unusual weather events
VI Unit– Matter:
This unit will elaborate you the properties and states of matter:
- How matter changes
- Can be mixed and separated,
- How temperature can change matter,
- How chemical reactions work.
VII Unit– Energy:
This unit tells you about:
- Solar energy,
- Heat energy
- Light energy
- Shadows and electricity
- How light can be changed.
VIII Unit– Forces, Motion, and Sound:
In this you will get to know:
- Force, motion, and work,
- Simple machines,
IX Unit– Space:
In this you will explore:
- The sun
- Rotation of earth.
- Concept of day and night
- How the seasons change,
- The moon & planets of the solar system
- The constellations, shooting stars,
- Space rocks,
- Space exploration.
X Unit– Technology:
This unit tells you:
- What technology is
- How it can help us in transportation, health, communication, meteorology, robotics, and energy.
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/