CBSE Class 12 is a crucial and the most stage of your life as a student. It requires a plethora of attention and information regarding the syllabus scheme etc.
Special scheme of CBSE class 12
- ‘Academic session will be bifurcated in two terms: As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the CBSE has divided the syllabus for the academic session 2021-22 into two terms. Following a systematic approach and considering the connectivity of the concepts/ topics by the experts of the subject, the board will conduct exams at the end of each term on the basis of the new syllabus. This step was initiated to maximize the degree of conducting class 12 exams at the end of the academic session.
- ‘More credibility in internal assessment’: The idea of providing more weightage to Internal Assessment/ Practical/ Project work to increase its credibility and as per the guidelines proposed by the Board to ensure fair marks distribution to students.
OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
- CBSE has ordered schools to carry on teaching in distance mode till the authorities allow an in-person mode of teaching.
- 10th and 12th standards Internal Assessment would include the 3 periodic tests, / speaking listening activities/ project/ student’s enrichment, portfolio, and practical work.
- 12 and 10 standards Internal Assessment will include topic or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practicals/ projects.
- It will give away the facility to schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
- Schools will have to create a student profile for every assessment undertaken over the year and keep the evidence in digital format.
- Guidelines related to the Internal Assessment for every subject will also be published with the reformed syllabus for the session 2021-22.
- The Board would also give additional resources for preparation including sample assessments, question banks, teacher training, etc.
CBSE class 12 highlights
|Name of the Exam||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Total No. of Subjects||Five/Six (Depends on the choice of students)|
|Term Details||Term 1: November-December; Term 2: March-April|
|Exam Pattern||Term 1: Objective/MCQ; Term 2: Subjective|
|Governed By||Central Government|
|Total No. of CBSE Affiliated Schools in Abroad||220 schools in 28 countries|
|Average Number of Registrations||Around 14 lakh|