CBSE Class 10 Social Science Revised Syllabus 2020-2021
Social Science is the scientific study of human society and social relationships also the study of how societies, governments, businesses, households, and individuals allocate their scarce resources.
CBSE Class 10 syllabus of Social Science covers all the important topics and sub-topics related to the subject. The syllabus is framed as per the guidelines of the CBSE board. It provides detailed information about the course structure, distribution of marks, time duration, projects, assignments and textbooks to refer.
The students should refer to Class 10 social science current syllabus to score good marks in their exam.
CBSE has cut down the syllabus for this academic year by 30%.
Download CBSE Class 10 Social Science Revised Syllabus 2020-2021 PDF
CBSE Board Social Science subject for the academic year 2020-2021.
CBSE Course Structure with Unit-Wise Marks Distribution
|Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 80|
|No.||Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||46||20|
|II||Contemporary India – II||34||20|
|III||Democratic Politics – II||27||20|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||44||20|
Download CBSE Class 10 Deleted Portion of Social Science Syllabus PDF 2020-21
Students can also find the deleted portion of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2020-21 from the table below:
|S. No.||Chapter No. and Chapter Name (NCERT Textbook)||Recommended Portion for deletion|
|UNIT 1: INDIA AND THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD –II (HISTORY)|
|1.||Section 2 : Livelihoods, Economies and Societies|
NOTE – Any one out of these two chapters (chapter 3/chapter 4)
Chapter 3: The Making of a Global World Chapter 4: The Age of Industrialisation
|The chosen Chapter to be assessed in the Periodic Tests and not in Board Examination.|
|2.||Section 3: Everyday Life, Culture and Politics|
Chapter 5: Print Culture and the Modern World
|UNIT 2: CONTEMPORARY INDIA – II (GEOGRAPHY)|
|3||Chapter 2: Forest and Wildlife||Complete Chapter|
|4||Chapter 3: Water Resources||Complete Chapter except for Map Items which will be assessed in the Examination|
|5||Chapter 5: Mineral and Energy Resources||Complete Chapter except for Map Items which will be assessed in the Examination|
|UNIT 3: DEMOCRATIC POLITICS –II (POLITICAL SCIENCE)|
|6||Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity||Complete Chapter|
|7||Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste||Complete Chapter|
|8||Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements||Complete Chapter|
|9||Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy||Complete Chapter|
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Project Work
In the CBSE Syllabus PDF of Social Science students will find the complete detail on project work.
1. Every student has to compulsorily undertake any one project on the following topics:
- Consumer Awareness
- Social Issues
- Sustainable Development
2. Objective: The overall objective of the project work is to help students gain an insight and pragmatic understanding of the theme and see all the Social Science disciplines from interdisciplinary perspective. It should also help in enhancing the Life Skills of the students.
Students are expected to apply the Social Science concepts that they have learnt over the years in order to prepare the project report.
If required, students may go out for collecting data and use different primary and secondary resources to prepare the project. If possible, various forms of art may be integrated in the project work.
3. The distribution of marks over different aspects relating to Project Work is as follows:
|a.||Content accuracy, originality and analysis||2|
|b.||Presentation and creativity||2|
4. The projects carried out by the students in different topics should subsequently be shared among themselves through interactive sessions such as exhibitions, panel discussions, etc.
5. All documents pertaining to assessment under this activity should be meticulously maintained by concerned schools.
6. A Summary Report should be prepared highlighting:
- objectives realized through individual work and group interactions;
- calendar of activities;
- innovative ideas generated in the process ;
- list of questions asked in viva voce.
7. It is to be noted here by all the teachers and students that the projects and models prepared should be made from eco-friendly products without incurring too much expenditure.
8. The Project Report should be handwritten by the students themselves.
9. Records pertaining to projects (internal assessment) of the students will be maintained for a period of three months from the date of declaration of result for verification at the discretion of Board. Subjudiced cases, if any or those involving RTI / Grievances may, however, be retained beyond three months.
To help you with this, School Connect Online helping students with learning notes and videos, Unlimited Practice questions for NCERT,Practice Exam,Mock Tests,Reading Notes and Videos,Previous Years Paper with solution
For More School take free demo
|Class 1||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 1||Class 7||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 7|
|Class 2||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 2||Class 8||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 8|
|Class 3||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 3||Class 9||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 9|
|Class 4||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 4||Class 10||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 10|
|Class 5||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 5||Class 11||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 11|
|Class 6||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 6||Class 12||Maths Olympiad Syllabus Class 12|
51 thoughts on “CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus for Academic Year 2020-2021”
[…] CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus For Academic Year 2020-2021 […]