The school connects online and organizes the National Science Olympiad for students from all over the country. The National Science Olympiad is open to students in grades 1 to 12. Students who need student materials or have questions answered can register on School Connect Online’s website. School Connect Online provides Olympiad preparation study materials. School Connect Online offers free downloadable materials for NSO preparation, such as syllabus, sample papers, previous year question papers, important question papers, etc. Experts who have mastered the subjects and are familiar with the trends of Olympiad test papers solve resources such as sample papers, previous year papers, and so on. So, what are you holding out for? Sign up for School Connect Online right now! In this article, you will get detailed information about science chapter 5 for class 4: Human Needs.
So, let’s see detailed notes about science chapter 5 for class 4: Human Needs.
To survive, humans require basic necessities. Air, water, food, and shelter are the four basic needs.
- Humans require air to breathe.
- Humans breathe in and out through their noses.
- Humans could not breathe and would perish if there was no air.
Humans rely heavily on water. Humans require water:
- to replenish water lost through breathing, sweating, and urination
- to eliminate waste from the body
- in order to digest
- to develop and maintain health
- to regulate body temperature
- for bathing, cleaning, and washing
- Our bodies are mostly made of water; water accounts for more than half of our weight.
- Our bodies lose water when we breathe, sweat, and urinate.
- Every day, we need to drink seven glasses of water to keep our bodies healthy.
- We also get water from the food we eat. Water is abundant in foods such as vegetables and fruits.
- Humans require food to survive.
- Food allows us to grow, gain energy, and repair and replace damaged cells and tissues.
- A well-balanced diet keeps us healthy. It contains all food classes in the appropriate amounts.
- Humans require food and water to grow and stay healthy.
- Humans require shelter to protect themselves from danger and inclement weather such as heat, cold, rain, and storms.
- Human shelters are classified into two types: double-story houses, long houses, apartments, single-story houses, huts, and flats.
School Connect Online offers olympiads such as:
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/