NCERT class 4 social science syllabus consists of the following concepts you will be studying:
Water fit for drinking:
What are the major natural sources of water around you?
Inland water and seawater
safe handling of water
Purification of water
diarrhea and other common water-borne diseases
|Water sources||Reservoirs, canals, dams, etc.|
Different public activities at water bodies
Water is a scarce resource and the struggle for acquiring it
Protection of water bodies
|Our river/sea||Rivers and seas|
Water pollution and harmful effects on animals
Seasonal change in the flow of water
Animals in the sea/river
|Does water vanish when heated?||Basic processes of condensation and evaporation.|
Animals for transport
Have you experienced traveling on a tonga/horse carriage? How is it different from traveling on a bus?
|Use of animals for transport|
sensitivity towards animals
|Paying for travel||Getting familiar with currency notes and coins, national symbols.|
Introduction to Mahatma Gandhi Old coins, change Recognizing some language scripts.
|Travel to another place||Different landforms, languages, clothing, food habits,|
some idea of another country ( through a story or imaginary narrative).
|3. Things We Make And Do|
Building materials and tools
How are bricks made?
|Process of making involves raw materials, tools, labor Energy– changes over time in these and environment too|
Different skills required for people engaged in a Construction activity
Materials and tools used for construction
Importance Of CBSE and NCERT Class 4 Social Science Syllabus
1. 4th Class CBSE Syllabus is plotted in such a way that it gives thorough and adequate knowledge about every concept which will be beneficial in higher standards.
2. It guides you about the course its description and what you are going to study in class 4.
3. It helps you in finding the relevant course materials. Moreover, moving towards the end of the syllabus, it tells which particular material you should prefer for your preparation.
4. It aids you in your homework and assignments.
5. It helps you in understanding the detailed fundamental concepts.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 4 Syllabus
|4th Class Maths Book (English Medium)||Math – Magic|
|4th Grade Maths Book (Hindi Medium)||Ganit Ka Jaadu|
|4th Class EVS Book (English Medium)||Looking Around (EVS)|
|4th Class EVS Book (Hindi Medium)||Aas-Pass|
|4th Class English Book||Marigold|
|4th Class Hindi Book||Rimjhim|
To know more: https://blog.schoolconnectonline.com/
Explore more at: https://www.schoolconnectonline.com/