Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) is the third of the six-stage olympiad tests leading to international olympiads. The Indian National Olympiad is very well known to be the mathematical competition for classes 8,9,10 and 11 and only 6 students are eligible from class 12.
The INMO examination is known to be the second stage in the Indian team selection procedure for the International Mathematical Olympiad. The INMO examination is conducted every year by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE).
INMO 2021 Exam Dates
|IOQM exam date||17 January 2021|
|Registration for the INMO begins||March 2021|
|The last date for the INMO examination registration||March 2021|
|Admit card for INMO will be released on||Not announced|
|IMO TC||27 February -4 March 2021|
|INMO date||7th March 2021|
|Results for INMO will be announced on||March 2021|
|Date for the Re-evaluation request||Not announced|
|The final score of the INMO 2021 examination||Not announced|
INMO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- To select the students for the INMO examination, the performance of the students in stage 2 (RMO) is highly considered. From classes 8,9,10 and 11th, a maximum of the top 28 students are selected and only the top 6 students are selected from the class 12th to participate in the INMO examination.
- The PRMO scores of the students will be used as a tiebreaker if there is a case of a tie between the students who have the same marks. If in case the PRMO score cannot help in breaking the score, the final list which is sent to HBCSE will consist of all such candidates.
- Only five students will be selected from the Non-KV CBSE schools outside India. A maximum of only five students from the Kendriya Vidyalaya schools outside India will be selected to appear directly for the INMO examination. Note that only CBSE and KVS are responsible for selecting the students from the Non-KV CBSE and KVS schools outside India.
- Excluding each region’s students, additionally, only five girls are selected from the students studying in the classes 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th.
INMO 2021 Syllabus
The INMO 2021 examination is a four-hour written test in which six very difficult questions are asked and the INMO question paper is descriptive in nature. The entire INMO 2021 syllabus is of pre-degree college mathematics. The syllabus of INMO 2021 is of class XI and XII levels and it is group together with high difficulty level and sophistication.
Below all the topics which are present in the INMO 2021 syllabus are listed.
- Arithmetic of Integers
- Quadratic Equations & Expressions
- System of Linear Equations
- Elementary Combinatorics
- Probability Theory
- Coordinate Geometry
- Number Theory
- Finite Series & Complex Numbers
- System of Linear Equations
- Elementary Graph Theory
- Permutations & Combinations
- Factorization of Polynomial
How to apply for INMO?
INMO does not have a specific registration process. Students who pass the first and second stages – IOQM and INMO merit awardees from the previous year are granted direct entry. Every year, approximately 900 students are chosen to give the INMO exam based on a variety of requirements.
Merits of clearing INMO
- Students who clear the INMO get direct admission to the B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics course in the Chennai Mathematical Institute.
- INMO awardees applying for B. Stat or B. Math courses of the Indian Statistical Institute are directly called for the interview without having to write the written test.
- INMO awardees are also eligible for an NBHM scholarship that currently stands at about Rs. 2500 per month, if they continue their studies in mathematics. They are also offered a 4-year programme of training in Mathematics through correspondence and periodic contact with a chosen faculty. The programme is also available to INMO awardees who do not pursue an undergraduate degree in Mathematics but have special interest in the subject. They are offered an annual cash award of Rs. 9,000 subject to satisfactory performance in the programme.
- Students who make it to the IMO are eligible for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) fellowship provided they pursue their studies in the science subjects in India. The fellowship amount stands at Rs. 5000 per month.
- Indian team members who receive a gold, silver or bronze at IMO are given cash awards by the NBHM of Rs. 5,000, Rs. 4,000 and Rs. 3,000 respectively.
- All travel expenses for the IMO Training Camp and all expenses for the IMO are borne by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Other National and International Level Olympiads
|AI Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad 2020-21|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad 2020-21|
|IMO||International Maths Olympiad 2020-21|
|ISO||International Science Olympiad 2020-21|
|KVPY||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Artificial Intelligence Olympiad||International Artificial Intelligence Olympiad|
|Maths Olympiad||International Maths Olympiad|
|Science Olympiad||International Science Olympiad|
|Coding Olympiad||International Coding Olympiad|
Other Olympiads you can register for: