We bring you a concise syllabus for JEE Main 2020 ahead of the exam to assist your study and revision plans.
JEE Main 2020 Physics Syllabus:
The syllabus contains of two sections, namely, section A (Theory) that holds and section B (Practical Skills):
Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices and Communication Systems.
Experimental Skills – Knowledge of the basic observations and approach of the activities and experiments from topics like Semiconductors, Current Electricity, Properties of solids and liquids, Oscillations and Waves and Dual nature of matter and radiation.
JEE Main 2020 Chemistry Syllabus:
Section A: Physical Chemistry –
Some Basic concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Classification of matter into solid, liquid and gaseous states, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamic, Solutions, Equilibrium, Meaning of equilibrium, concept of dynamic equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry
Section B: Inorganic Chemistry –
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, s – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), p – Block Elements Group 13 to Group 18 Elements, d – and f – Block Elements, Co-ordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry.
Section-C: Organic Chemistry –
Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Bio Molecules, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry.
JEE Main 2020 Mathematics Syllabus:
Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus (Only for B.Arch. / B. Planning students):
Part 1: Awareness of places, persons, buildings, substances, envisioning 3D objects from 2D drawings. Analytical Reasoning, and Mental Ability.
Part 2: Three dimensional perceptions, Transformation of both two and three dimensional forms, Plan Generation, Creating 2D and 3D compositions with the given forms and shapes.
Part 3: Drawing scenes from memory of cityscapes like public places, marketplace, street scenes, festivals, monuments, etc. and landscape like, jungles, river fronts trees, gardens, etc. and country life.
Candidates are informed to bring drawing and colouring aids for the Aptitude Test.
How to use Syllabus for JEE Main Preparation?
- Syllabus can’t be ignored and every engineering aspirant should know the syllabus by heart. Students should go through the syllabus carefully before starting each chapter of JEE Main Course and pay close attention to the topics and sub-topics they need to cover in that chapter. This tunes one’s mind to grasp all the important aspects of the chapter in detail. When you know the syllabus, you add value to your study. You save time by not referring to the unimportant topics and pay more attention to the most important topics.
- Go through the syllabus time-to-time during your preparation to make sure you have not missed out on any important topic in a chapter.
- Go to School Connect Online,and register for .
- Once you have known the syllabus, you can start solving the questions and problems from the topics required. This way, you will gain more experience in the topics. We all know that practice makes a man perfect and if you want that perfection before your entrance, this can be of great help.
- Use reference materials appropriately and start covering additional questions in those books so that you are never late. It is always better to prepare ahead of time than at the eleventh hour.